Burwood Girls High School

Not for ourselves alone

Telephone02 9747 3355



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

If you are currently in Years 7 to 12

Please read the information below, then complete the school's enrolment enquiry form (PDF 240KB) before contacting the school. A staff member will contact you to discuss your enquiry.

If you are in Year 6

Please follow the procedures outlined under the heading How to enrol.

Please note that our Year 6 Information Night and Tour of the School will not go ahead this year, due to COVID-19 restrictions. A promotional video about the school for prospective students is available on our Home page.

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. The School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol 

Contact us when you’re ready to enrol your child in our school. You may need to attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

For more information, visit high school enrolment.

High school enrolment includes the expression of interest (EOI) form called Moving into Year 7 in a NSW government school. This form is handed out to Year 6 students in goverment schools around mid-March each year. Non-government school students can print this form to complete and hand to a government high school for consideration.

Year 6 parents should also refer to the school's enrolment procedure, timeline and non-local criteria for Year 7, 2022 (PDF 429KB).

Non-local enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit DE International.

CRICOS provider: NSW Department of Education. Provider Code: 00588M.

For international students currently in attendance at BGHS

Ms Julia Alvarado coordinates the international students who are enrolled at our school. We also have community liaison officers who speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean and Indonesian to help support our international students.

For detailed information, refer to the Burwood GHS International Students Handbook, found on the Handbooks and templates page.

Please see Ms Alvarado if you are planning to go on leave, for example, overseas holiday.

Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)

At Burwood Girls High School, students are required to bring their device, for example, laptop computer, to school every day.

Our school's BYOD site has everything you need to know about hardware and software requirements and using your device at school. Please refer to this site before purchasing a new device.


Burwood Girls High School is a uniform school. Please refer to Uniform page before purchasing school shoes or uniform items.

High Performance and Gifted Education (HPGE) Program
(formerly Gifted and Talented)

Students currently in Year 7 are selected on merit and work on independent, self-directed projects in consultation with the HPGE program coordinator. Parents may nominate students for participation in the program by responding to the letter to parents. This will be issued to interested Year 7 students after the start of the year and following Year 7 camp.

There is no HPGE test for Year 6 students wishing to enrol at our school.

Please visit the High Potential and Gifted Education page for more information.

Transferring or leaving school

Students who wish to leave the school, for example, moving overseas or changing schools, must bring a letter from parents to the enrolment officer at least one week before leaving. This gives the student time to complete the necessary sign-out procedures including returning books and paying outstanding fees.